Sunday, March 28, 2010

Vaccines Help please?

I am due to fly to Sri Lanka in less than 2 weeks, and need some advice regarding vaccines.



In 2005 I had hep a and b, typhoid, dip and polio will I still be covered or do I need to have them redone, takes so long to get a doctors appointment, dont want the fuss if dont need them.





Vaccines Help please?


Hi,





You can find recommended jabs for Sri Lanka here:



fitfortravel.nhs.uk/destinations/srilanka.htm





Hans



Vaccines Help please?


Thanks Hans.





I really just need to know how long they last as I have them all, but dont know if they still cover me and the doctors say I have to fill in a form and then get an appointment just to find out if I am still covered nightmare




Can%26#39;t your district nurse tell you?





Hans




Hi



If you had two injections of Hep A you will be covered for 20 years, if only one cover is for 12 months.



If you had the full course of Hep B followed by a blood test you will be covered.



If you had the full course of triple vaccine in childhood (Tetanus, diptheria and polio) you will be covered.



I believe you may need to have typhoid redone.



If you ring a Masta travel clinic they will be able to advise you over the telephone. These clinics are available nationwide and all big cities have them, although they may expect that you will go to them for the immunisations. You may also be able to make an enquiry via email.




Hi Chrissy





Yep, as Hans has said check with your local nurse at your GP%26#39;s surgey, most have a ';Travel Clinic'; once a week or so.



If you need any boosters, they are all FREE on the NHS so no need to worry about costs.



Must realy call to see if mine are all ok although i suspect that they should be.





Regards



Dave




I had them all done in 2005 boosters so I figure I am covered but my friends dad is a doctor and he is going to check for me, getting to see anyone at local GP%26#39;s is like trying to see the queen nigh on impossible!!!!! Thanks for all the answers.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment