Tuesday, March 30, 2010

First Choice !!!!!!



We have tried to cancel our holiday with first choice after all of the feedback on this site and have been told that the holiday is still going ahead.





When I informed them that they have broken the contract with me as they have no flights they said %26#39; we are sorting that out at the moment%26#39;





So if I cancel I will lose my deposit!





I am furious and demanding my deposit back as I do not want to wait until just before the holiday nd not be able to get anywhere else.





First Choice are coming back to me!





Watch this space!



First Choice !!!!!!


Hi





we cancelled our holiday last week after being told that there were no flights after phoning to check, we were due to fly out on 5th may with FC. We have been refunded all our money, we had paid in full. and now booked with Mercury for sates and same hotel. Sorry if I keep repeating myself on here but FC are well out of order for doing this .





Lois



First Choice !!!!!!


Hi the same as you they would not let me cancel and also told me that the were sorting flights out. I phoned consumer advice phone number on the atol web site who told me to send a letter stating that they are in breach of there contract and that i want confermation in writing in 14 days if the holiday is going ahead they also told me that if i am ableto find the sme holiday and rebook that first c would be liable for any extra cost to my self and people i am travaling with sent the leter recorded delivery they recived it saturday not hurd any thing as of yet going in June




any chance of a copy of your letter so that I can write as well? Knowing what to say will help me! we are meant to be going on 21st July and same as you they have said that holiday is NOT cancelled....




hi



we also have the same prob for sept they have promised that they will have an answer for us on friday so i will let you no what they say if not i will also send them a letter




The message they are giving everyone is %26#39;the holiday is not cancelled%26#39; which is true but what they arent saying is that the flights are. they told us the holidsy was still there but not the flights.





Lois






Hi all





after speaking with friends in the travel industry it seens that first choice are having ';cash flow'; problems that is why they have stopped flights to SL and margarita island and some other long haul destinations if you have booked with them i suspect you will be on shakey ground best look at booking with another operator while you have time.





good luck



Richard








Thats okay if they%26#39;ll give you the deposit back but at the moment they are refusing!!




I think we were very lucky to get our money back without argument. We had paid in full , it took 4 days to be refunded but we got every penny. by the sound of it they could have held on to it for much longer as we were only going in May




I have just spoken to someone from FC/Thomson they have said the same he also said they could also give as little notice as the day before departure letting us know.





I have now sent this information on to watchdog BBC. If we all do we might find out something.




Hi i ahve also sent ll theinfooff to watchdog bbc i think if enough of us do this then we may get some where. people power talks as if this made the bbc fc stand to loose lots more than the few of us who may have had there holidays spoilet

No comments:

Post a Comment