Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day Trips from Negombo??

Hi There. Myself and my husband are going on our honeymoon to Negombo at the end of this month for 2 weeks.





I was hoping someone might be able to give me some ideas for seeing the highlights of the country and whether it is better to take numerous day trips or to stay away from the hotel elsewhere for a few nights?





On our list of must sees are the Cultural Triangle, Elephant Orphange, Turtles %26amp; hopefully one of the national parks.





Any recommendations would be much appreciated as well as a rough idea of prices.





Cheers



Zoe



x



Day Trips from Negombo??


Hi Zoe,





Negombo is a very central place to make day tours or tours for a couple of days. You can do many trips from there. I will send you the details of a very good driver guide based in Negombo with a PM. If you can contact him, he can give you good description of tours you can make from Negombo.





Cheers,





Frank.



Day Trips from Negombo??


Hi Zoe





To do the Cultural Triangle and a national park, you are looking at a different base for part of your holiday.





Sri Lanka is an incredibly diverse and beautiful country and the loveliest areas are all inland. Certainly, use Negombo as a base from which to do a few trips and to have a bit of relaxing time on the beach. However, to see the wondrous scenery and wildlife of Sri Lanka, plan to have at least a few days in the Cultural Triangle (Habarana is a good central base with a good choice of hotels) or the Hillcountry with its tea plantations and wonderful views.. and the latter will give you some respite from the extremely hot temperatures on the coast at the time of year that you will be there.





A good driver will be able to arrange all this for you. I%26#39;m sending you details of an excellent one who is based in Negombo. If you e-mail him, he could discuss your needs in advance and plan something to suit you.





Sue




Thanks both Sue and Frank - I really appreciate it.



x




Thanks Shehan!! xx




Hi.



Im Shehan from Negombo, Sri Lanka.



All my posted comments has been removed. but i dont know why? I think it is because of advertising. but i didnt advertise anything. Like others, i also recommend some drivers,guiders,hotels, pricers, places, tour details and what is inportant. If i am recommending a person i am doing it only by sending a PM. But some people has just posted other%26#39;s email addreses. Some contact them and get help. But i am not doing any thing like that. But why have they removed only my comments? I am a Experianced Tourist Driver/Guide for 10 years. I am able to provide any information about any place in Sri Lanka. But i comment only about Negombo, beacause im in negombo. But i am not promoting my self. Im promoting others drivers. I have many drivers to help. so i am helping them. I am also just like other posters. Some people are very jealous. They try there best to remove them by complaining to TA. Most of the time, other posters are from abroad. They dont know any thing about negombo more that i do. Is this because i am from Sri lanka??? I like to help others by the things i know. All my PMs have been removed. But no one can remove my emails in my computer. Any way i help the people who ask for help. If you want to write me some thing, PM me.





Shehan

No comments:

Post a Comment