Sunday, March 28, 2010

Check In Times for Return Flight

Hi





I was wondering if anyone can tell me how far in advance we would need to check in for the return leg? We are flying with Qatar and the flight is due to leave at 09.30.





Thanks



Zoe





Check In Times for Return Flight


Hi,





Check-in counters open about 3 hours before departure and that is also the time Qatar Airways recommend you arrive at the airport. The counters close at least 1 hour before departure.





www.qatarairways.com/global/en/check-in.html





It seems that security at Colombo Airport changes often. When I left in January I was told that private vehicles were not allowed up to the terminal building and I would have to transfer to a shuttle bus for the last hundred metres, but that had changed so foreigners could proceed straight to the terminal, while locals had to transfer to the shuttle bus.





I have seen later reports that all have to transfer to the shuttle bus.





So be prepared for changes. I would recommend you to be there minimum 3 hours before the flight.





Hans



Check In Times for Return Flight


That%26#39;s very helpful - thanks Hans! :-) As we fly back on the 14th April. do you think we will struggle to get transport to the airport as I believe that is over the New Year period?





Cheers



Zoe




From Negombo?





No, there will always be some drivers that want to earn a few bucks. But I would advise you to arrange your transport a couple of days in advance.





Hans




Thanks Hans! Sorry, yes, it is from Negombo.





We will make sure we do this. I appreciate your help.



Cheers



Zoe




Hi Zoe





Althaugh it is the Sinhala New year, there are plenty of drivers to hire. Negombo is called as the Little rome.because there are more roman catholic people. so it will not be a problem.





Shehan




I see...thank you Shehan :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment