Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter in Sri Lanka

Deciding what to do and when!





We are there from April 8th to 18th and I know that it is New year then.





Can anyone give us guidance on any dates to avoid travelling from Bentota overnight to either Kandy or the Cultural Triangle please? With what has been happening over the past week I thin it best we avoid big gatherings...or am I being to cautious?



Easter in Sri Lanka


Hi,





How do you want to travel?





Could be difficult to find a driver 13-14 April.





Hans



Easter in Sri Lanka


Oh, I am not looking for a driver, I was looking for any dates in which I should avoid going to Kandy or the Cultural Triangle from Bentota where we will be based. I have heard that they get extremely busy during this time?




Thans. Are there any dates where our holiday could be affected by national holidays? Ie, things closed etc.




9 April: Poya Day



10 April: Good Friday



13-14 April: Sinhala/Tamil New Year





Banks are closed 9-14 April.





Many shops will be closed 9 %26amp; 13-14 April, in Christian areas also 10 April.





Hans




Aha, many thanks once again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment