Tuesday, March 30, 2010

mary and joseph and jewllery

we leave in weeks days (YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and are listing all the things we want to do, i know how to find harald on the beach but how do we find mary and joseph if we want to organise tours through them?





also while i%26#39;m at it where can we get reasonable priced jewellery around waikkal/negombo?





many thanks





Lxxx



mary and joseph and jewllery


Hi L





Returned from Club Hotel Dolphin 10th March and had a fabulous time.



Mary and Joseph can be found along the beach near Sainsbury%26#39;s, but do be careful I was told they may not be insured (not sure if that%26#39;s true or not). We used Fernando who works for himself for all our trips and he certainly did not disappoint. Your tour rep will tell you to avoid the beach boys, but that%26#39;s so they can charge you double the price for the trips. Going with the beach boys gives you a much more personal service and they are exactly the same trips. Our Cosmos rep was charging £150 for the 2 day trip and we only paid £85 with Fernando, and he threw in little extras like fresh fruit and fruit juices, coffees and buffet lunch on the second day at Sigiriya.And that included the hotel overnight in Kandy as well.



I spent most of my money in the jewellers opposite the hotel (San Gems). Great stuff at good prices. They make things to order.



Leelah at Sainsbury%26#39;s is great for souveniers. Same stuff as in the hotel shop but half the price.





You%26#39;ll have a great time. We did.





Janet



mary and joseph and jewllery


We used Haralds for all our tours. Mary and Joseph did not appeal so much to me and Mary was asking me to take things back to the UK that I was a bit wary about.





We bought lots of jewellery from San Gems. My husband designed an Amethyest bracelet for me with 14 stones for our wedding day %26amp; had the heaviest cross with Jesus on made for him, all within days. My father bought some lovely earrings for my Mum, all which she specified what she wanted.





You get to look at the %26#39;factory%26#39; - 2 men working all hours to make our jewellery. its a fab experience.





I%26#39;m currently e-mailing them about a ring I want made.




I got a lovely pair of earrings and matching pendant made for me at Sangems that I reckon would cost me three times the price here in the UK. Friendly service, relaxed and most importantly, not a hard sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment