Sunday, March 28, 2010

to tour or not to tour

Hello.





I%26#39;m seeking advice on plans in SL. I%26#39;m going for an expected beach trip, and plan to be at Rocky Point for about 2wks. I%26#39;m in SL 19 days total.





I%26#39;m interested in a quick tour at the end to hill country, maybe staying 13-14 days at rocky point then the last few to see Kandy/Hill Country. I don%26#39;t want to take on too much and reach home exhausted to go back to work after a long flight. Is this tour at the end worth it? Is it a must do? Who knows if I%26#39;ll get back to SL so may be worth a look.





Thanks in advance for your thoughts!



Anastasia



to tour or not to tour


Hi,





From Tangalle you should at least do a tour to Ella, N%26#39;Eliya, Kandy, Dambulla, Sigiriya, Elephant Orphanage. Spend 4-5 days on the tour and 1-2 days in Negombo at the end so you will be refreshed for your long flight home.





If you don%26#39;t visit the inland of Sri Lanka, you have not been to Sri Lanka.





Hans



to tour or not to tour


I agree you have not seen Sri Lanka till you see the hill country.



Kandy is a good starting point - as you can do several day tours from there, and it is such an easy place to get around.





There are lots of accommodation places with all price ranges in Kandy as well. I have just returned from there this week. If you need a referral to a very good bed and breakfast with bathroom for 1500 rupees plus 250 rupees per night I can oblige.





You will be glad afterwards that you saw the Hill country.



Regards - Geoff, Australia.




Anastasia,



I would certainly agree with the others - you have not seen Sri Lanka until you tour inland, so don%26#39;t miss the opportunity. Tangalle is a great beach resort but get yourself into the hill country for a few days and spend your last night or so in Negombo by a pool / beach to relax before you depart.



John




Thanks for this info. Yes, am in interested in good B%26amp;B info.





This is my feeling, too. I can%26#39;t imagine just going all the way to SL (from NYC) just for the beach, though I%26#39;m going for yoga and want to take advantage of the teacher there while I can. Slightly pressed for time and am coming straight back to work, but do want to see a bit of the hill country. Just don%26#39;t want to wind up exhausted. (I%26#39;ve travelled and good deal in India and Pakistan and know how tiring it can be.)





Many thanks for all the comments. Very helpful!





~Anastasia




It%26#39;s worth to go round. Beautiful ppl and Country dont miss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment