Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Food in Sri Lanka

I have the fussiest ever husband who won%26#39;t eat anything that is too hot or too spicy. However, we are thinking of going to Sri Lanka later this year. Will we be able to get him something to eat out there?



Food in Sri Lanka


I there,





After 15+ years in the country I%26#39;m still no spice-fan. And yes, at every tourist restaurant %26amp; hotel I can get enough non-spiced food; at buffets and if needed a-la-carte. So would not worry too much if I were your hubby...





All the best,





%26lt;Erik%26gt; - strongly protested by [Sandya] who is of course spice-fan by birth...



Food in Sri Lanka


Hi,





Tourist hotels serve western food, e.g. fried chicken, spaghetti, steaks (not that the beef is very good).





Seafood (fish, prawns, lobster) can be prepared to your wishes.





Most tourist hotels serve the curries so watered down that people that like hot, spicy curries complain.





Just tell wherever you stay what you prefer and they will do their utmost to comply to your wishes.





Hans




Hi there....





Yep, would agree with previous 2 replies, something for eveyone there in Lanka, me like Erik am not a huge fan of the ';hot stuff';, but never go hungry !, quite the opposite !





Regards



Dave




I know how he feels my partner and I are both allergic to Garlic and I cant eat any spicey food including chilles and curry. Even the smell makes me feel ill.





We rarely eat out in the UK as everyting has garlic and many of the %26#39;chef%26#39;s (food warmers!) will not make food without, too much hassle for them.





But in Sri Lanka the chefs were great. I usually ended up with chicken frice rice or noodles but the fish is lovely and the chefs will do what they can to accommodate you.



You should not have any problems




Hi - you shouldn%26#39;t have too many problems. My friend that I went with asked for curries with %26#39;no spice%26#39; and the restaurants were very good at doing that. She did have to stress no spice and once asked for %26#39;no spice like Korma%26#39; and that%26#39;s what she got. If you don%26#39;t want to risk curry at all then there are plenty of other options, fish dishes, noodles, all really nice. On a couple of nights I wanted something light on my stomach and went for the noodles with vegetables or prawns which were ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment