Monday, December 12, 2011

Anyone going to the Riverina from UK?

Hi, I stayed at the Riverina last October. I realised when I got to the airport to come home that I%26#39;d left a bikini and a dress on the balcony of my room! Stupid I know. Anyway my rep told me to contact First Choice when I got home which I did. They told me they don%26#39;t get involved with lost property and to contact the hotel. I have rang the hotel numerous times since getting home and have also emailed them. They say they have got my stuff. Initially they said they%26#39;d ask someone British to bring it back for me(?!) then asked me to email my address (done) then said they%26#39;d ring me back which they didn%26#39;t. Anyway to get to the point, is anyone going there who would be prepared to claim my stuff and bring it back to the UK then send it to me? I will obviously pay the postage once back.





If not does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get my things back?



Anyone going to the Riverina from UK?


Fallback is to ask them to send it in a parcel, air mail or sea mail. Of course you%26#39;d have to pay them the packing cost and postage. Safest way is probably to fax them a credit card authorisation for the amount asked, e-mail is not safe for these kind of things; fax capacity for hire in any suburb of UK towns, often in Internet/comms centres.





All the best,





%26lt;Erik%26gt; %26amp; [Sandya]



Anyone going to the Riverina from UK?


Hi there....





Hmmm, not sure that UK credit card companies would appreciate you faxing card details to hotels in Sri Lanka!, but, you should always ask them first !





Lost property is an often come across problem for SL hotels, and MORE than once i have come home with a little package for those who are in same position as you, so ';maybe'; your best bet is for someone who is going there to Riverina to bring it back for you, i hope that someone who is going there soon will reply to this post, if it was hotel i am going to at end of March then no problem for me to help out.





SL hotels are honest, and will hold onto lost property until it can be reunited with it%26#39;s owners.





Regards



Dave




Hello, I%26#39;m at my wits end now! The hotel have told me to arrange with DHL to have the parcel collected. DHL wont do this as I don%26#39;t have an account with them. The hotel wont arrange it because they say it%26#39;s too expensive (although I%26#39;ve explained I will pay them). I%26#39;m hoping if I enter this post someone might see it who hasn%26#39;t before and be able to help me!




We are going to SL end of March, we are staying at Tropical Villas which I think is next door to Riverina.



We don%26#39;t mind bringing your clothes back.




That would be fantastic!! Thank you so much. I%26#39;ve PM%26#39;d you to discuss details etc. That%26#39;s such a help.


  • stella mccartney
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment