Monday, December 12, 2011

first choice will now be last choice or no choice

WARNING all first choice customers on long haul holidays



First Choice-- have cancelled all flights to Sri Lanka from 8Th April Onwards



First Choice-- will not tell you unless you ring up, they will hold on to your money until the 56 days statutory cancellation period then they will tell you and offer you no alternatives or compensation



I paid the final balance and then 20 mins later I rang after reading the reports on trip advisor and they told me it was cancelled , ??? Yet they still took my money.



First Choice --has known about this for months



First Choice-- have behaved with due disregard for all of their customers aka the HBOS bankers



When my wife was paying the final balance the operator even wished her a happy holiday in Sri Lanka



First Choice-- have now took customer dissatisfaction to a new low



First Choice --asked me if I wanted to cancel the holiday AFTER they told me there were no Flights ???



First Choice-- are taking people’s money by deception and I’m sure this is illegal ?????



First Choice-- will not give you reasons why flights were cancelled .



i SUGGEST YOU ALL CANCEL YOUR fIRST cHOICE HOLIDAY BEFORE THEY MAKE ANY MORE INTEREST OUT OF YOU . If you think this is a rant then I ask you to read my other posts where I have praised First Choice highly ,I call it how it is and after spending thousands and thousands of pounds with First Choice over the last 15 years I now have My Silver Wedding holiday pulled out from under me with only 11 weeks to go .



It seems that First Choice has forgotten Customer service Loyalty and Honesty . If you want to know for yourself try ringing the pre dparture First Choice advisors on 08716649207 .





PS then they tell me I havent paid for the holiday when i request a full refund , absolutely unprofessional and sickening to think that in times like these the Big Companies still stick it to the hard working British general Public . Advert on TV says '; FIRST CHOICE , YOUR HOLIDAY IS SAFE WITH US ';



Like hell it is . Regards to all our fellow travellers Mick and Lois .





first choice will now be last choice or no choice


Hi Mick %26amp; Lois





Sorry to hear about your holiday being cancelled like this, but i do have agree with what you say.





These people have NOT even told the hotels in Sri Lanka yet that thye will not be taking up thier booked rooms !



Maybe drop a line to the Daily Mail !, the financial buffs there just love a tangle with companies like this!



Also of course, you should without delay contact ABTA too !, this will be against thier regulations too !





Regards



Dave



first choice will now be last choice or no choice


Hi, we%26#39;ve holiday booked for October 2009 and despite numerous telephone calls and letters of complaint, I still have not been told officially that our holiday is cancelled. I now know that it%26#39;s unlikely to go ahead and am prepared to make alternative arrangements. However I feel as do all of you out there that First Choice have acted appallingly. I have ever written to BBC Watchdog and have had a reply that they will investigate so perhaps anyone else out there with a gripe such as this should also write to BBC. I have travelled with FC for the past 5 years (2 of which to Sri Lanka) and have had no problems whatsover. What a nightmare. I so want to go back in 2009.




After reading all this on trip advisor I rang them on Monday and was told that they are not cancelling my holiday, that all holidays already booked are safe and they are only refusing new bookings - I am so confused! We have had no holiday for 5 years and this is a %26#39;once in a lifetime%26#39; holiday for us - we have luckily only paid a deposit but it is still £500!!! Don%26#39;t know what to do now...... they have blatantly lied to me if they are cancelling ALL holidays




I have now booked through Mercury Travel and I now fly to the SAME hotel although with a 2 hour break in Dubai , the same all inlusive terms , And a 2 Night Stpover in 4**** hotel in Dubai to break up the return journey home for less than £900 each , and thats flying with 4*** airline Emirates where you get excellent service and food and complimentary drinks . Bye Bye First Choice you lost me for good .




Hi dizzi





We were told that they were only informing people on a month to month basis. we were due to fly out on the 5th May we would have only been told in April. The holiday was booked through First Choice and we knew at the time of booking that it was a Thomson flight, it wouldnt have been a problem. They have also done this to friends of ours who were due to fly to Aruba in september they changed the whole flight form manchester to gatwick and different dates and then even had the cheek to ask for £5 administration costs. the same excuse no flights. at least our friends had a few months notice.





First Choice should hang their heads in shame, people save all year for a nice holiday just to be dissappointed by big companies, who, you think as their advertising goes %26#39;your holiday is safe with us%26#39;.

No comments:

Post a Comment