Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Beach info please

I am going to Sri Lanka in early April. Will be on the 4 day Mercury Direct tour at the start of my holiday the at Neptune Beruwela. I want to spend a day in Hikkaduwa for snorkeling. I am traveling on my own and wondered will my clothes be safe left on the beach or can some one give me other suggestions? Valuables will be in a waterproof pouch with me. Also does anyone know the train times or would I be better going by taxi, probably too far for a tuk tuk, or is it?





I will be grateful for any other information.





Beach info please


Hi there,





Beruwela to H%26#39;duwa: well feasible by train, 8 x per day. Leave from Alutgama nearby, would take about 1 hour only. Tuktuk or taxi could also be done. Better check the times at A%26#39;gama station as most timetables on the web only mention starting and ending station; http://www.railway.gov.lk however does give A%26#39;gama to H%26#39;duwa times.





Better look for a beach restaurant in H%26#39;duwa and entrust your clothes with them. Touts are not always reliable...





Have fun,





%26lt;Erik%26gt; %26amp; [Sandya]



Beach info please


Hi,





You can also just walk up to Galle from Neptune and catch one of the many buses plying to Galle and beyond.





Hans




Correction: Hans means %26#39;Galle Road%26#39;, not Galle (town), for walking up to!





Have fun,





%26lt;Erik%26gt; %26amp; [Sandya]




Sorry, of course. Thinking faster than typing;-)





Hans




Many thanks for the information both of you, the bus sounds a good idea.



Another question please - is there a map online which has more info than google?




Try this:





http://www.mysrilanka.com/travel/lankamap/





Hans




Many thanks for the map address Hans, great to be able to click on the place names.



Will no doubt be back with other questions soon.



Gill

No comments:

Post a Comment