Friday, April 2, 2010

Getting married in Sri Lanka

Hiya Peeps,





IS there anyone on here who has got married in Sri Lanka recently, and if so, where and how did you rate it.





My partner and I are looking to get Married in Sri Lanka in Feb 2010, hopefully close to a beach.





Funnily enough my sister got married in Victoria Villa in 2003 and her wedding planner (now retired) made the occasion fantastic.





We have been looking at some of the package deals done via Kuoni etc and I am a little hesitant of some of the hotels used in the pakages due to reviews on the website and my own experiences.





Last time I was in Sri lanka, I was there for a month, backpacking and staying at small family run places. I did for my sisters wedding stay for a while at Koggala Beach Hotel, which was god awful.





I find as I have got older that I have started to prefer lifes creature comforts, so cannot see my self sleeping on the cockroach infested mattresses at the Colombo YMCA again, lol. But I am not hugely fussy, except to say I like good food, a cool room and nice bed.





Getting married in Sri Lanka


Hi,





Koggala Beach Hotel is a 1 star hotel.





There plenty of 3, 4 and 5 star hotels in Sri Lanka that can organise your wedding.





Try and search the forum for ';wedding'; + hotel name.





E.g.



5-star



Heritance, Ahungalla



Jetwing Beach, Negombo





4-star



Lighthouse, Galle



Eden Resort %26amp; Spa, Beruwala





3-star



Bentota Beach Hotel, Bentota



Club Hotel Dolphin, Waikkal





and will find many thread concerning weddings.





Hans



Getting married in Sri Lanka


Cheers for the response, have had a good look, many varied reviews, to the hotels questioned.





I am still tempted to go for a a villa but then its finding a wedding planner in sri lanka, if anyone knows of a good one I would appreciate any contact info.





I loved the south of the country, especially the beaches and the missus is keen to be as close to a good beach as possible, not sure if weddings can be done in unawatuna, I loved the snorkling there, just a pity the reef was in such a bad state 6 years ago, god knows what its like now.





just going to go do a search on wedding unawatuna.




Hey,





We are getting married at the Fortress in 2 weeks - and we booked it all through a company called Boutique Sri Lanka - just google them and either call or email them - they rally helped us!





Hope that helps and good luck!





Anna




Hi,





There are lots of places in Sri Lanka who does wedding planning in Sri Lanka.





Ex: www.bridesofsrilanka.com





As well as the beach wedding nature weddings are getting popular in Sri Lanka.





Nishantha




Red Dot Tours have a number of lovely villas in their selection, and can organise weddings. They are based in the UK with offices in Colombo, and seem to be very highly-rated with forum members.






We got married a few months ago in the Asian Jewel hotel in Hikkaduwa. I really can鈥檛 praise it highly enough. It鈥檚 inland so not beachside as you prefer but in a beautiful location 鈥?see my review for further details. And have a great wedding!




Hi



WE got married in Eden Resort %26amp; Spa in June 2006, we had an amazing wedding %26amp; the hotel was very nice,the staff couldn%26#39;t do enough for you, we have just come back from sri lanka but stayed in the Neptune this time as it was a lot cheaper, the Neptune is nowhere near as nice as Eden but the staff are very plesant. last time we were there we did some trips with the beach boys from the Eden %26amp; met up with them this trip, they are such nice people, we even went to one of their houses for lunch, we didn%26#39;t do any trips this time but intend to go back again next year, it is the nicest place we have been too %26amp; the nicest people we have met.

No comments:

Post a Comment